Monday, July 30, 2012

Painted Mason Jars

This tutorial is as easy as pie.

Step one, choose some mason jars and some spray paint.





Step two, place your jars upside down on a sheet in a well ventilated place, and spray paint them closely following the directions on the label. I originally did this directly on the sidewalk, but then my parents told me the way I should actually do it.











































Step three, let the jars dry and give them another coat or two. You could even seal them with mod podge, but I chose not to since it was so hot outside and I was afraid the acrylic sealer wouldn't work well.

I don't have a picture of them now, but they are sitting on my bookshelf, neatly holding things for me.

I was going to stencil a design onto them, but I really liked the way that they turned out with just plain colors. I might paint one pink, paint a J on it, and fill it with goodies for my cousin's first birthday this weekend. We'll see.

God bless! <3

Proverbs 10:7 "The memory of the righteous will be a blessing; but the name of the wicked will rot."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wish to tell me what you think?