Sunday, August 12, 2012

Crafting for a Cause

Volunteering at the shelter has really opened my eyes to how spoiled my pets at home are.
Don't get me wrong, shelter life isn't so bad. Good food, a nice, warm place to stay, and lots of love and toys are always provided for the animals.
But there is always room for improvement! And the shelter's wishlist makes it especially easy for me to figure out what kinds of things they could use.
Being only 17 and without a job, I cannot afford to buy toys or other supplies for the shelter animals.
So I have decided to make pet supplies to donate to the shelter.
Check back for updates and posts related to Crafting for a Cause.

After all, I wouldn't have this cutie if it weren't for the SCAC.


 I wouldn't have this bundle of fur either if it weren't for pet shelters in general. (she came from a different shelter).



If you live in this area of Illinois, I would highly encourage you to craft a toy or two and take it to the SCAC, or any local shelter for that matter.
If you do not live around here, but you know of a local shelter, I bet they would also greatly appreciate a few handmade toys.
If you do not live around here, but you want to help my shelter specifically, post a comment below.

Also, I will be doing a giveaway soon. I know I don't really get many readers, but hey, that just means higher chances for everyone, right?


Psalm 119:154 "Defend my cause and redeem me; preserve my life according to your promise."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wish to tell me what you think?