Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Homosexuality

Here are my two cents on the tricky topic and why I believe it is a sin against our dear Lord.


Psalm 52:1 "Why do you boast of evil, you mighty man?  Why do you boast all day long, you who are a disgrace in the eyes of God?"

People often attack me for my beliefs, but I know the truth.  Homosexuality is wrong; it goes against God's will; it is a sinful desire of the flesh.

People come to me and say, "You are a cruel and hateful person.  Who are you to judge?  Don't you Christians say that your "God" loves everyone?  Learn to be open-minded and accepting, loving and tolerant.  Learn to coexist, and stop forcing your beliefs down the throats of other people.  You contradict yourself, saying that you love everyone, but then you hate homosexuals."

Statements like this make me sad.  Not because I am being attacked, but because the world is going against God; non-Christians think that they know our God and everything about Him.  In reality, they understand very little about me and my faith, and they don't care to learn more.  They just want me to keep my opinions to myself simply because it goes against what they think and they do not want anyone to be offended.  But I have a problem with that.  My opinions are not my opinions because my mind formed them.  They are my opinions because they are the powerful and true opinions of the Lord our God.

When they say: Don't you Christians say that your "God" loves everyone?

What they mean is: Don't you think that your God accepts everyone?  He does not think anything bad of anyone, so neither should you.  He will not make anyone pay for their wrong doings, because he loves them.

My response is: Love the sinner; hate the sin.  God loves everyone in that He sent His Son to die for everyone (see passage below), to give everyone a chance, so that all of creation may have eternal life through Him.  His Son did not die so that we could live contently in sin and still be saved eternally.  We must turn from our sins.  Right there in Psalm 52:1, it says, "-you who are a disgrace in the eyes of God-"  This clearly states that God does not accept everyone; we are pitiful in his eyes, but he loves us so much that He sent His Son to die for us.  So, yes, my God does love everyone- just not in the way that most of the world understands it.

Romans 5:8 "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."


When they say: Who are you to judge?

What they mean is: Who are you to tell anyone that what they do is wrong?  Who are you to think that you know what is right and what is wrong?


My response is:  I am not judging them.  The Bible clearly states that intimacy is meant to be shared directly between one man and one woman- even more specifically between a man and his wife. Homosexuality is unnatural to God, but natural to the world.

Romans 1:26-27 "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts.  Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones.  In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another.  Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received themselves the due penalty for their perversion."


When they say: Learn to coexist, and stop forcing your beliefs down the throats of other people.

What they mean is: Nobody is right, truth is relative, not absolute.  You cannot force your opinions on other people because that is just wrong and mean.  No one can tell anyone how to live their life.  Your beliefs are not the same as mine, so what makes your beliefs true?

My response is: There is absolute truth.  The Bible is the true Word of God, so I match my opinions with the Bible.  Plus, simply stating what I think is not forcing my beliefs down anyone's throat.  In all technicality, according to your standards, by saying that I cannot force my beliefs on other people and by stating your own opinions as superior to mine, you would be forcing your beliefs down my throat.

Psalm 33:4 "For the word of the Lord is right and true;"


Side note: many people, even Christians, think that Coexist means to live tolerantly and harmoniously with everyone.  {I accept that you have that religion and set of beliefs, and you accept that I have this religion and set of beliefs.}  But nowadays, it is intended to mean that nobody is wrong.  No religion is false, and no religion is better or more correct than the rest.  Truth is relative; there is no absolute truth that applies to everyone.  But I know that that is false.

John 14:6 "Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'"

Matthew 7:14 "But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

Clearly, not everyone will make it into Heaven.  If you want to know more about the road to Heaven, check out this interesting and insightful article.  It  has a lot of good information with plenty of Biblical references to back it up.


Back on topic!

When they say: You contradict yourself, saying that you love everyone, but then you hate homosexuals.

What they mean is: Well, they simply mean to say that I hate homosexuals simply because I speak against what they do.

My response is: Again, love the sinner, hate the sin.  I do not hate homosexuals.  I do not hate anybody.  I love murderers, thieves, adulterers, homosexuals, and everyone else in the world.  But I disagree with what they do.  All of us have had a friend that you love(d) dearly, but didn't like/disagreed with something that they do/did.  It doesn't mean that you stop loving them, or that you hate them.

John 13:34-35 "A new command I give you: Love one another.  As I have loved you, so you must love one another.  By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

I do not hate anyone, I just don't agree with the things that many people do.  This is why I get so frustrated when people say that I am a heartless, hypocritical moron who has no idea what I am saying.  But at the same time, I just sit back, pray for all who speak against me, and rejoice in the fact that I know the truth.  I am truly blessed to know that God has called me to be apart from the mainstream of society.  He has called me to know His truth and to spread it to the world.  I love you, Lord.  And thank you for calling me to be yours.  I love you.



John 13:18a "I am not referring to all of you; I know those I have chosen."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wish to tell me what you think?